You need to complete your 2019 annual enrollment period certifications before your can sell during AEP 2019.
So, we’ve created the Financial Grade AEP 2019 Agent Mini Guide to get you organized and primed to sell. We’ve also got some tips for nailing your applications — every time.
Complete all your 2019 Annual Enrollment Period certifications (now!)
For a smooth start to AEP, make sure you complete all your 2019 certifications well in advance! Use the carrier list below to get started.
Producer Help Desk (888)381-8581
Note: UnitedHealthcare launched “Optimum ID” June 7. The new software provides a single sign-on to all integrated applications. Visit the portal for more information.
SCAN HEALTH PLANS
Producer Help Desk (888)445-2038
Bonus: Scan’s most recent newsletter provides tons of useful information on certifications and AEP
*Join us at our Tier 3 Training Event, September 21st at Dave and Busters in San Diego
Producer Help Desk (800)309-3163
Bonus: Once you’ve completed your certification and are ready to sell, access Humana’s downloadable agent and broker forms.
Producer Help Desk (888)247-1050
Bonus: On the login portal page, Aetna provides the following links to “certification instructions”:
Producer Help Desk (888)277-4174
Bonus: Provides one single source for both Medicare and Fraud, Waste and Abuse (FWA) training.
Order all the Essential AEP Materials
To order 2019 Plan Materials, you’ll need to place your orders directly with your appointed carrier.
You can place your order through your agent portal or by calling the carrier directly. This will ensure faster delivery time of your supplies. You want to be well prepared for all your AEP meetings!
Take advantage of our Free Quoting Tool
Provide clients with instant, accurate quotes using our exclusive quoting tool!
Once you contract with two or more carriers through FGSC, you’ll have access to this agent-favorite software.
Call us to learn more about Financial Grade’s quoting tool: (877)386-6615
Check your applications
We understand Annual Enrollment Period is a busy time! So, the last thing you want is to delay the application process due to small mistakes on your forms.
To ensure the smoothest application process possible, here are 4 simple tips to follow as you help your clients with their applications.
1. Ensure that your signature date and that of your client’s isn’t before October 15th, 2018.
2. Make sure the client’s signature date is the submitting date on the application are the same.
3. Double check that your signature date and your client’s signature date are marked with the year 2018 — NOT 2019.
4. Primary Care Physicians MUST be on HMO applications and highly advised on PPO applications (carrier specific).
Turn them in!
You’ve done all the hard work and triple-checked everything. Now it’s time to submit your applications.
● You can submit your applications to our office securely via Share File or by Fax: (866)436-4713.
● Within 24 hours of submitting your application to Financial Grade, we’ll send you a confirmation email to let you know we received it. Note: Please allow 24 hours before contacting us. After 24 hours, if you still haven’t received a confirmation email, give us a call: (619)595-0937.
● We strongly recommend checking the status of your applications directly with the carrier within 2 weeks of submittal. Here’s a contact list to help you track your applications:
- UnitedHealthcare Agent Portal
- SilverScript Agent Portal
- Aetna & Coventry Medicare: call (866)714-9301
- Scan Health Plan: call (888)445-2038
- Humana: call (800)309-3163
Enjoy a productive AEP season!
At Financial Grade, we want you to have a successful enrollment season. As you gear up — getting your certifications done and lining up all your materials — this is a good time to re-evaluate your current contracts…
Look at other carriers. They may provide you the opportunity to offer your clients a greater range of options.
And that will help you grow your business.
Let us know, and we’ll help you explore all your carrier options.
Feel free to give us a call 877-386-6615 or email us at email@example.com